Treats low testosterone.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
This testosterone gel is a convenient topical form of hormone replacement, but you have to be careful about it rubbing off on other people. Also it can be cheaper than alternatives.
Loading pricing data...
- You put it on like a lotion, so it's very easy to apply.
- Available in generic, so it's cheaper than some alternatives.
- You have to make sure that you cover the area where you place testosterone gel after it's dry, otherwise it can rub off on people.
- You have to wait at least 2 hours before you shower or swim after putting on Testosterone gel, otherwise your body won't absorb the entire amount.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Androgel (Testosterone Gel)
274 From clinical trials of Androgel / Testosterone replacement (1.62%)
- Psa increased
- Any adverse reaction
- Mood swings
- High blood pressure
- Hematocrit or hemoglobin increased
Common concerns from people taking Androgel (Testosterone Gel)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?