Our bottom line
Aricept (Donepezil) works for all stages of dementia caused by Alzheimer's, but it can be expensive.
- (30) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 10mg tablets of Aricept (Donepezil) at pharmacies
- $129.29New price:$9.05Save:93%
- Kroger Pharmacy$48.13New price:$11.55Save:76%
- $199.71New price:$13.98Save:93%
- $214.70New price:$21.47Save:90%
- Aricept (Donepezil) can be used to treat dementia caused by all stages of Alzheimer's.
- It can be effective for treating behavioral problems related to dementia.
- Available in three different forms: immediate release solution, a tablet, and an orally disintegrating tablet.
- Only available as a brand name medication, so it can be expensive.
- Like other medications for dementia, it only slows down the progression of the disease; it doesn't stop or reverse it.
- Aricept (Donepezil) is not a good choice for people with heart problems or a slow heart rate. It can slow the heart rate down and cause dizziness or fainting.
Side effect rates for Aricept (Donepezil)
- Pain, various locations
- Sleep difficulty
- Muscle cramps
Risks and Warnings for Aricept (Donepezil)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Taking anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs)
People on Aricept (Donepezil) have reported stomach ulcers which can also lead to bleeding in the stomach and intestines. Taking medications for inflammation, such as NSAIDs (ibuprofen or naproxen), can make this worse. Talk to your doctor if you vomit blood or material that looks like coffee grounds, or if your stool has blood or looks black and tarry. You can help prevent this by having some food or milk in your stomach when you take the medication.
Common concerns from people taking Aricept (Donepezil)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- People on Aricept (Donepezil) have reported weight loss. This is common. If this bothers you, talk to your doctor.