Relieves nasal allergy symptoms.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Astepro (Azelastine) is a prescription-only antihistamine nasal spray that can help with your allergy or nasal symptoms without exposing the rest of your body to the medicine.
- Astepro (Azelastine) lowers the number of nasal symptoms you'll get during allergy season.
- Works faster than steroid nasal sprays and can be used as needed.
- Most people don't have any side effects since it works in the nose and doesn't affect the rest of your body.
- Won't make you feel sleepy.
- Works just as well as steroid nasal sprays.
- In older versions of the medicine, you can get a bitter taste in your mouth after spraying it into your nose.
- Can cause nose bleeds if the spray nozzle is inserted into your nose wrongly.
- Need a prescription to get Astepro (Azelastine).
- It's good for 200 sprays, but there isn't a counter to help you keep track of sprays.
Save on your next Astepro (Azelastine) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 30ml of 137mcg/spray nasal spray
- Cost for (1) 30ml of 137mcg/spray nasal spray of Astepro (Azelastine) at pharmacies
- $147.47New price:$28.02Save:81%
- Kroger Pharmacy$60.23New price:$31.32Save:48%
- $95.03New price:$33.26Save:65%
- $101.57New price:$42.66Save:58%
- Rite-Aid$130.53New price:$49.60Save:62%
- $94.60New price:$53.92Save:43%
Side effects for Astepro (Azelastine)
From clinical trials of Astepro / Seasonal allergies (1 spray) ( 274)
- Bitter tasteBitter taste10% for Azelastine vs.2% for placebo
- Bitter tasteBitter taste8% for Azelastine vs.0% for placebo
- NosebleedNosebleed6% for Azelastine vs.2% for placebo
- HeadacheHeadache4% for Azelastine vs.0% for placebo
- Nasal discomfortNasal discomfort2% for Azelastine vs.0% for placebo
- DrowsinessDrowsiness2% for Azelastine vs.0% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Any side effect
What to expect when you take Astepro (Azelastine)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Starts working in 15 minutes.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure you know how to use this nose spray correctly.
- Before using the spray for the first time, prime it until you see a fine mist.
- Clear your nose before using the spray and breathe in slowly as you're spraying. After spraying, wait a few minutes before blowing your nose if needed.
- Tilt your head forward to avoid getting a bitter taste while spraying the medicine.
- Some people get a headache or feel drowsy and dizzy after using it.
Risks and Warnings for Astepro (Azelastine)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Taking with alcohol
- › Taking other medicines that make you less alert
Astepro (Azelastine) can lower your ability to focus, think, and react quickly. Be careful and avoid activities that require you to be alert, such as driving a car or operating machinery, until you know how this medication affects you.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Astepro (Azelastine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Some people get a headache or feel drowsy and dizzy after using it.
- I get to sleep on my back and both sides not worrying about choking on my sinus drainageGender: ManTaken for: So I do not cough all the timeDuration taken: A couple weeks