Treats low testosterone.
Our bottom line
This testosterone injection is a first-choice treatment, but you have to get it in your doctor's office each time.
- A first-choice treatment for low testosterone in men.
- The first two shots are spaced out by a month, then each shot after that is given every 10 weeks.
- Your doctor will give you the shot.
- Your doctor has to give you this shot. You can't do it at home.
- Your doctor has to watch you for 30 minutes after your shot to make sure you don't have problems breathing or get a severe allergic reaction.
- Your doctor has to file paperwork each time you get the shot because of the risks involved.
- Not available as a generic, so it can be expensive.
The testosterone injection works by adding or replacing the hormone testosterone in your body. Testosterone is responsible for causing and maintaining many of the changes in male bodies from puberty on.
Side effect rates for Aveed (testosterone undecanoate injection)
- Injection site pain
- Prostatic specific antigen increased
- Estradiol increased
- Hemoglobin increased
- Sleep difficulty
- Mood swings
Risks and Warnings for Aveed (testosterone undecanoate injection)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Male
Taking Aveed (Testosterone Undecanoate Injection) can cause swelling and breast tissue changes if you're a man. Talk to your doctor if this is a problem.
Common concerns from people taking Aveed (testosterone undecanoate injection)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- There have been reports of people on Aveed (Testosterone Undecanoate Injection) who have developed high levels of calcium in the blood, which can be bad for the kidneys. This can happen if you are unable to move around or if you have cancer. If you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain or a bad headache, talk to your doctor, since they may have to stop the medication.
- If you're on Aveed (Testosterone Undecanoate Injection), and you notice pain in your abdomen, or if your skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow, call your doctor immediately. This can be liver damage.