Improves BPH symptoms and lowers your sense of urgency to urinate.
Our bottom line
Avodart (Dutasteride) can be helpful in lowering BPH symtoms and delaying your need for surgery.
- (30) 0.5mg capsule
- Cost for (30) 0.5mg capsules of Avodart (Dutasteride) at pharmacies
- $185.91New price:$20.45Save:89%
- Kroger Pharmacy$157.69New price:$20.50Save:87%
- $176.38New price:$22.93Save:87%
- $174.00New price:$36.54Save:79%
- $181.32New price:$67.09Save:63%
- Improves BPH symptoms, making it easier to urinate.
- Patients taking Avodart (Dutasteride) in clinical trials had a 54-78% chance of seeing improvement in their symptoms.
- If you're balding, Avodart (Dutasteride) can also help your hair grow back.
- Most side effects go away after your body gets used to Avodart (Dutasteride).
- Actually shrinks the size of your prostate, instead of only improving the symptoms like other BPH drugs (eg. Cardura or Hytrin).
- Can be combined with Doxazosin (Cardura), an alpha-adrenergic antagonist, if your symptoms are more severe.
- Women who can get pregnant shouldn’t touch or handle Avodart (Dutasteride).
- You need to take Avodart (Dutasteride) for at least 6 months before your prostate gets small enough for symptoms to improve.
- Lowers your PSA level and can hide symptoms of prostate cancer.
- Available as a generic medication.
Side effect rates for Avodart (Dutasteride)
- Any side effect
- Decreased libido
Risks and Warnings for Avodart (Dutasteride)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Men age 55 or older
Compared to placebo (sugar pill), Avodart (Dutasteride) decreased the overall risk of prostate cancer but may increase the risk of high-grade prostate cancer. In a 7-year follow-up study, men age 55 and older had a higher risk of high-grade prostate cancer when taking Avodart (Dutasteride).
Common concerns from people taking Avodart (Dutasteride)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take Avodart (Dutasteride) at the same time every day, with or without food.