Lower blood pressure.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) is good for lowering blood pressure since it contains two medications that act in different ways to keep your pressure under control.
- It's a combination of two medications in one pill, so it reduces the amount of pills you have to take each day.
- As a combination of two medications for high blood pressure, it works better than either by itself.
- Taken only once a day.
- Only available in a fixed combination, so it's hard to change the doses of either medication on its own.
- If you become pregnant, your doctor will need to change the medication since it can cause birth defects.
- Even though Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) works well, it's usually not the first choice for treating high blood pressure since doctors often try other medications on their own before giving you two (in one pill) right away.
- Can't be used with simvastatin (Zocor), a cholesterol lowering medication.
- Only available as brand medication, so it can be somewhat pricey.
Save on your next Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 10mg/40mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 10mg/40mg tablets of Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) at pharmacies
- $295.75New price:$118.30Save:60%
- Rite-Aid$293.44New price:$126.18Save:57%
Side effects for Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)
From clinical trials of Azor / High blood pressure
- Any side effectAny side effect3% for Azor vs.7% for placebo
What to expect when you take Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- You can feel dizzy the first few days you take Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan), but your body should adjust within a week.
- Take this at the same time every day.
- Drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.
- Can cause swelling, flushing, sleepiness, and palpitations.
- Don't stop taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) without talking to your doctor.
Risks and Warnings for Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
Call your doctor immediately if you become pregnant while you're taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan), since it can cause birth defects. Your doctor will recommend alternate medications.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › There have been reports of people having kidney damage or failure while on Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan), usually when they've also had diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea. Stay hydrated to prevent this from happening, or call your doctor if you're suddenly unable to urinate as well.
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › There have been cases of people suffering diarrhea with weight loss months or years after taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan). This is very rare, but talk to your doctor if you get diarrhea without a known cause.