Lower blood pressure.
Our bottom line
Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) is good for lowering blood pressure since it contains two medications that act in different ways to keep your pressure under control.
- (30) 10mg/40mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 10mg/40mg tablets of Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$297.42New price:$98.15Save:67%
- $296.97New price:$103.94Save:65%
- It's a combination of two medications in one pill, so it reduces the amount of pills you have to take each day.
- As a combination of two medications for high blood pressure, it works better than either by itself.
- Taken only once a day.
- Only available in a fixed combination, so it's hard to change the doses of either medication on its own.
- If you become pregnant, your doctor will need to change the medication since it can cause birth defects.
- Even though Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan) works well, it's usually not the first choice for treating high blood pressure since doctors often try other medications on their own before giving you two (in one pill) right away.
- Can't be used with simvastatin (Zocor), a cholesterol lowering medication.
- Only available as brand medication, so it can be somewhat pricey.
Side effect rates for Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)
- Any side effect
Risks and Warnings for Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Call your doctor immediately if you become pregnant while you're taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan), since it can cause birth defects. Your doctor will recommend alternate medications.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- There have been reports of people having kidney damage or failure while on Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan), usually when they've also had diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea. Stay hydrated to prevent this from happening, or call your doctor if you're suddenly unable to urinate as well.
- There have been cases of people suffering diarrhea with weight loss months or years after taking Azor (Amlodipine / Olmesartan). This is very rare, but talk to your doctor if you get diarrhea without a known cause.