Relaxes your muscles.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Lioresal (Baclofen) is effective for long term spastic conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, and others.
- Lioresal (Baclofen) is effective for treating muscle spasms, as well as being an effective muscle relaxant.
- Can be used long term.
- Relieves pain associated with muscle spasms.
- A better option for seniors compared to other muscle relaxants since it has less side effects than the other meds.
- Lioresal (Baclofen) is available as a generic and is a relatively inexpensive medication.
- If taking regularly, you shouldn't stop taking Lioresal (Baclofen) abruptly. You'll need to get off of it slowly.
- Be careful if taking other drugs that affect your ability to stay awake, since Lioresal (Baclofen) can make you much more tired.
Save on your next Lioresal (Baclofen) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (90) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (90) 10mg tablets of Lioresal (Baclofen) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$42.71New price:$10.25Save:76%
- $113.91New price:$12.53Save:89%
- $44.61New price:$27.66Save:38%
Side effects for Lioresal (Baclofen)
What to expect when you take Lioresal (Baclofen)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Can cause dizziness and fatigue.
- Avoid activities requiring mental alertness (like driving) until you know how it affects you.
- Can cause extreme drowsiness or dizziness if you're taking it with high blood pressure medications.
- Side effects are more prevalent in the elderly.
- Don't drink alcohol while using this.
- Can be taken as needed or 'around-the-clock'. Ask your doctor about what'll work best for you.
- If taking regularly, you need to work with your doctor to get off the medication slowly (also called tapering) to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
Risks and Warnings for Lioresal (Baclofen)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Stopping Lioresal (Baclofen) too quickly
If taking the drug consistently, avoid stopping the drug abruptly. Stopping it too fast can cause serious muscle problems, sometimes even leading to organ failure. Risk is higher in patients with spinal injuries at T-6 or higher.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Lioresal (Baclofen)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Don't drink alcohol while using this.
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Can cause extreme drowsiness or dizziness if you're taking it with high blood pressure medications.
- Good for muscle aches from withdrawal but no other improvements from opiate withdrawal. Worked really well for muscle cramps and pain though. Not help with insomnia. I'm writing this review at 2:00am because I can't sleep.Age: 32Gender: WomanTaken for: Withdrawal symptomsDuration taken: A couple weeks
- Sleep issues? I thought I was just an insomniac. Turns out it is this med that causes it. Also, folks say it's hard to get off this med.Age: 36Gender: WomanTaken for: Spasticity
- It may change your personality especially if you have been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder and cause you to sleep walkAge: 36Gender: WomanTaken for: Spasticity