Our bottom line
Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim) is good for treating many bacterial infections and is available as a generic. However, you can be more likely to sunburn. Also, it can cause birth defects, so talk to your doctor if you're pregnant.
- (20) 800mg/160mg tablet
- Cost for (20) 800mg/160mg tablets of Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$14.29New price:$5.00Save:65%
- $14.83New price:$8.75Save:41%
- $14.88New price:$10.86Save:27%
- $14.27New price:$11.42Save:20%
- Available in generic.
- Available in different forms: tablet, capsule and suspension.
- Used to treat many types of bacterial infections.
- Less resistance seen to this antibiotic. Your doctor may run tests to see if Bactrim responds to your infection.
- Makes your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- Has to be taken with plenty of liquids.
- May cause birth defects.
- Can cause diarrhea.
Side effect rates for Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim)
Risks and Warnings for Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
As with all antibiotics, Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim) can cause diarrhea. If this happens while you're taking the medication, taking probiotics in the form of yogurt, supplements or drinks a few hours after you take the medication may help. If you develop an unusual diarrhea with loose or bloody stools weeks after you finish the medication, talk to your doctor as this can be a rare but serious side effect.
Common concerns from people taking Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- UTI pain gone in 1 day but severe GI symptoms & accelerated heart rate started w/i 24 hrs of 1st dose.