Uceris (Budesonide) helps treat Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, but you can’t take it for long because of its serious side effects.
Imuran (Azathioprine) is an effective medication for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and transplant rejection, but comes with a heavy list of side effects.
- Uceris (Budesonide) works for 50-70% of people with mild to moderate Crohn’s disease.
- Uceris (Budesonide) is preferred over Prednisone for treating people with Crohn’s disease.
- Causes fewer side effects than other corticosteroids.
- Low doses of Uceris (Budesonide) can be used for a few weeks or even a few months to achieve remission.
- Imuran (Azathioprine) has proven to be effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Imuran (Azathioprine) decreases the pain, stiffness, and swelling that most people have with rheumatoid arthritis.
- You can still get vaccinated for the flu while taking Imuran (Azathioprine).
- Drinking alcohol is okay while taking Imuran (Azathioprine).
- Most side effects are temporary.
- Many people decide to stop taking Uceris (Budesonide) because of its side effects.
- Uceris (Budesonide) isn't recommended for long-term treatment.
- You can’t drink alcohol while taking Uceris (Budesonide).
- Taking corticosteroids like Uceris (Budesonide) can make it hard for your body to fight infections.
- Uceris (Budesonide) can pass into breast milk if you're nursing.
- If you take Imuran (Azathioprine) for rheumatoid arthritis, you'll likely need to take additional medications to control your symptoms.
- While taking Imuran (Azathioprine), you will have to get your blood tested once a week for the first month, every other week for the second and third month, and once every month after that.
- Along with other side effects, your hair may begin to change color or fall out when you first start taking Imuran (Azathioprine), but this is usually temporary.
- You'll likely have to take additional medications, like methotrexate to keep your rheumatoid arthritis in remission.
- Bruising easily5%
- Moon face3%
- Swollen ankles2%
- Skin striae2%
- Leukopenia <2500 cells/mm316%
...and 5 more risk factors
- Harm to fetus
Sexually active men and women
...and 2 more risk factors