Lowers blood pressure and controls heart rate.
Our bottom line
Bystolic (Nebivolol) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine for people with heart conditions, and has fewer side effects than other beta blockers, but it's expensive. You can't miss doses.
- (30) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 10mg tablets of Bystolic (Nebivolol) at pharmacies
- $141.91New price:$130.56Save:8%
- Rite-Aid$179.64New price:$132.93Save:26%
- $164.40New price:$133.16Save:19%
- $168.56New price:$133.16Save:21%
- Kroger Pharmacy$142.99New price:$134.41Save:6%
- $142.69New price:$138.41Save:3%
- Controls your heart rate to reduce work for your heart.
- A first-line treatment for heart failure and heart attack.
- Helps to lower blood pressure if you can't use first-choice treatments or need additional blood pressure control.
- Many beta blockers can worsen asthma or cause headaches, but Bystolic usually doesn't because it targets the heart more specifically and causes fewer side effects.
- Not available in less expensive generic form.
- Taking a beta blocker might make you feel more tired or out of breath during exercise or normal daily routines. This gets better for most people, but for some might not go away.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Bystolic suddenly can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Bystolic (Nebivolol) is a selective beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It lowers blood pressure by slowing down the heart and making it work less to pump.
What to expect when you take Bystolic (Nebivolol) for Lowers blood pressureSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Bystolic (Nebivolol)
Risks and Warnings for Bystolic (Nebivolol)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Sudden discontinuation of medicine
Stopping Bystolic (Nebivolol) suddenly can cause irregular fast heartbeat, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation to your heart and increase your risk of chest pain or heart attack. Work with your doctor to gradually reduce your dose.
Common concerns from people taking Bystolic (Nebivolol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Daily sore heads, muscle pain and sore knee joint. Fuzziness and dizziness. Insomnia Hate the way this tablet makes me feel. No quality of life!
- I became health conscious; lost a bunch of weight; exercise 5-6 days per week and feeling great. Bystolic decreased my urine stream; caused a pain in left kidney area; tried to stop and heart has been skipping beats; cut 5mg in half; stop