Bystolic (Nebivolol) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine for people with heart conditions, and has fewer side effects than other beta blockers, but it's expensive. You can't miss doses.
Cozaar (Losartan) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function like an ACE inhibitor, but with fewer side effects.
- Controls your heart rate to reduce work for your heart.
- A first-line treatment for heart failure and heart attack.
- Helps to lower blood pressure if you can't use first-choice treatments or need additional blood pressure control.
- Many beta blockers can worsen asthma or cause headaches, but Bystolic usually doesn't because it targets the heart more specifically and causes fewer side effects.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Similar to ACE inhibitors (like Lisinopril), with fewer side effects like cough and swelling.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Not available in less expensive generic form.
- Taking a beta blocker might make you feel more tired or out of breath during exercise or normal daily routines. This gets better for most people, but for some might not go away.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Bystolic suddenly can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
Have you used Bystolic (Nebivolol)?Leave a review
- Upper respiratory infection8%
- Back pain2%
- Nasal congestion2%
- Heart problems
Sudden discontinuation of medicine
- Trouble breathing (bronchospastic disease)
History of asthma
- Low blood sugar unawareness
History of diabetes
- Low heart rate (bradycardia)
Age 65 years or older
...and 1 more risk factors
- Harm to fetus
Women of childbearing age
- Liver damage
Concurrent liver disease
- Heart problems due to high potassium
Current kidney problems
...and 2 more risk factors