Treats ear infections.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) is an easy to use antibiotic that treats most ear infections.
- Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) is an effective antibiotic to treat bacteria that typically grow in the ear.
- Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) is easy to use and it's okay even if there's a small amount of liquid left in the vial after giving yourself the dose.
- Usually only given twice a day.
- Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) is not available generically, so it may be a bit pricey.
- Can cause ear pain, itching, or a headache.
- Discontinue use immediately if a rash develops on or in your ear.
Save on your next Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (20) 500mg tablet
- Cost for (20) 500mg tablets of Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) at pharmacies
- Sams Club
- Kroger Pharmacy$16.80New price:$6.05Save64%
- Rite-Aid$27.73New price:$14.42Save48%
Side effects for Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin)
From clinical trials of Cetraxal / Adults ( 49308)
- NauseaNausea3% for Ciprofloxacin vs.0% for placebo
- DiarrheaDiarrhea2% for Ciprofloxacin vs.0% for placebo
- Liver function tests abnormalLiver function tests abnormal1% for Ciprofloxacin vs.0% for placebo
- VomitingVomiting1% for Ciprofloxacin vs.0% for placebo
- RashRash1% for Ciprofloxacin vs.0% for placebo
What to expect when you take Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) for Ear infectionSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Each vial is used for only one dose, so dispose of the container after using it.
- Warm the dose by holding it in your hand for a minute before using it.
- Lie on your side with your affected ear upwards. Put a drop in the ear and lie there for a minute or two before getting up.
- Don't use if you're allergic to or had a reaction to ciprofloxacin or other quinolone-type antibiotics.
- Stop using [name_ common] if a rash forms in or around the ear.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes or mouth.
Risks and Warnings for Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Prolonged use of Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin)
Overusing Cetraxal (Ciprofloxacin) can cause bacteria to become resistant to the medication. Make sure to use it for the exact amount of time your doctor recommends. Don't stop using it earlier or keep taking it longer than recommended.