Relieves sore throat and mouth pain.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Chloraseptic lozenges relieves sore throat pain and doesn't have many side effects.
- Chloraseptic lozenges is effective at relieving pain in the mouth and throat. It starts working right away, so you don’t have to wait long to feel better.
- It's available in a pharmacy without a prescription.
- Comes in a sugar-free form.
- Available in different flavors, so you have the option of choosing the best-tasting one.
- These lozenges don’t cure infections or colds, but they help relieve some of their symptoms.
- Pain relief doesn't last long, so use a new lozenge every 2 hours.
- Can’t be used for children who are younger than 5 years old.
Side effects for Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat Lozenge (Benzocaine)
These are side effects of Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat Lozenge (Benzocaine) reported to the FDA by people taking it, and by doctors and pharmacists.
What to expect when you start Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat Lozenge (Benzocaine)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Use one lozenge every 2 hours as you need to for sore throat.
- Since the lozenges could be mistaken for candy and can be a choking hazard, keep these away from children who are younger than 5 years old.
- If you experience any uncomfortable burning or stinging, stop using Chloraseptic lozenges.
- Let your doctor know if you have an infection and your symptoms don’t get better after a few days.
Risks and Warnings for Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat Lozenge (Benzocaine)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
If your sore throat gets worse or you begin to have a high fever, headache, nausea, or vomiting, talk to your doctor since these could all be signs of a worsening infection.