Our bottom line
Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) is a good and cheap antibiotic to treat many types of bacterial infections. However, you have to reduce your caffeine intake, and have to protect yourself from the sun.
- Price: $4.00
- KmartRetail Price:$125.00
- Retail Price:$29.41
- Kroger PharmacyRetail Price:$25.00
- Membership warehouse
- Available in generic.
- Available in different forms: tablet, capsule, and suspension.
- Used to treat many types of bacterial infections.
- Less resistance seen in bacteria to this antibiotic. Your doctor may run tests to see which antibiotics will kill the bacteria causing your infection.
- Must be used with caution in people over 60 years of age, or who have had either an organ transplant or on long-term steroid use due to possible tendon rupture.
- If you have caffeine while on Ciprofloxacin, you may noticed increased effects of the caffeine.
- Ciprofloxacin can make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- Can't be used if you've ever had myasthenia gravis.
- Can cause diarrhea.
Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves.
Side effect rates for Cipro (ciprofloxacin)
Risks and Warnings for Cipro (ciprofloxacin)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Over 60 years of age
- › On long-term steroid use
- › Heart, kidney, or lung transplant
If you notice redness/inflammation, pain or swelling in your joints or muscles, especially in the Achilles tendon, contact your doctor immediately.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Cipro (ciprofloxacin)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- If you notice pain in your Achilles tendons, contact your doctor.
- If you notice redness/inflammation, pain or swelling in your joints or muscles, especially in the Achilles tendon, contact your doctor immediately.
- Talk to your doctor immediately if you start to feel burning, tingling, numbness, pain or you can't tolerate heat or cold. This could be a sign of nerve damage and it can happen as soon as you start taking the medication and may not go away if you stop it.
- Gave me anxiety attacks, low blood sugar, wrist pain, rapid heart beat, insomnia, and popping sounds in different parts of my body. After 3 days, I never felt like I was getting better, only worse. I'm never taking it again.