Treats allergy symptoms.
Prescription onlyLower-cost generic available
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Clarinex (Desloratadine) is a good option for once-daily allergy relief. It doesn't make you feel sleepy, but you need a prescription.
- Relieves allergy symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, congestion, hives, or itchy skin.
- Preferred for older people since it causes little to no drowsiness compared to other antihistamines like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
- Works faster than other non-drowsy antihistamines like Loratadine (Claritin).
- Side effects are rare and usually mild.
- Available as a liquid or fast-dissolving tablet for people who don't like swallowing pills.
- May not work as fast as the other antihistamines that make you sleepy (like Benadryl).
- Not a good medication for pregnant women to take.
Save on your next Clarinex (Desloratadine) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 5mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 5mg tablets of Clarinex (Desloratadine) at pharmacies
- $147.76New price:$25.12Save:83%
- Kroger Pharmacy$140.95New price:$26.78Save:81%
- $115.32New price:$28.83Save:75%
- $116.17New price:$46.47Save:60%
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Clarinex (Desloratadine)
From clinical trials of Clarinex / Allergies (1 mg)
- Ear, nose, or throat infectionEar, nose, or throat infection21% for Desloratadine vs.13% for placebo
- DiarrheaDiarrhea20% for Desloratadine vs.8% for placebo
- FeverFever12% for Desloratadine vs.2% for placebo
- IrritabilityIrritability12% for Desloratadine vs.11% for placebo
- CoughingCoughing11% for Desloratadine vs.10% for placebo
- DrowsinessDrowsiness9% for Desloratadine vs.8% for placebo
- BronchitisBronchitis6% for Desloratadine vs.0% for placebo
- Middle ear inflammationMiddle ear inflammation6% for Desloratadine vs.2% for placebo
- VomitingVomiting6% for Desloratadine vs.3% for placebo
- Loss of appetiteLoss of appetite5% for Desloratadine vs.2% for placebo
What to expect when you take Clarinex (Desloratadine)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Starts working in an hour.
- Take it once a day when needed.
- Works the best if used regularly during allergy season.
- Can give you a headache or diarrhea, but it rarely causes drowsiness or dizziness.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Clarinex (Desloratadine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Upsides and downsides from our pharmacists
- › Preferred for older people since it causes little to no drowsiness compared to other antihistamines like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
- › Works faster than other non-drowsy antihistamines like Loratadine (Claritin).
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Can give you a headache or diarrhea, but it rarely causes drowsiness or dizziness.