Makes it easier to breathe.
Our bottom line
Combivent (Ipratropium / Albuterol) is good for people who need 2 medicines to relieve their COPD symptoms, but you need to be okay with taking it four times a day.
- 2-in-1 medicine that opens airways and makes it easier to breathe. Medicines are more effective together than alone.
- Effectively relieves COPD and asthma symptoms.
- Respimat formulation has a clear display for dosing, doesn't require shaking, and only needs one inhalation per dose.
- You have to use Combivent four times a day.
- Can make your heart race.
- Can make symptoms of enlarged prostate or urinary blockage worse.
- Can worsen a certain type of glaucoma.
Combivent (Ipratropium / Albuterol) is a combination medicine. It contains two bronchodilators (ipratropium and albuterol), which relax muscles in your lungs to open airways and make breathing easier.
Side effect rates for Combivent (ipratropium / albuterol)
- Ear, nose, or throat infection
- Shortness of breath
- Respiratory disorders
- Sore throat
- Sinus inflammation
Risks and Warnings for Combivent (ipratropium / albuterol)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
There are reports of difficulty breathing (bronchospasm) after inhaling Combivent (Ipratropium / Albuterol). Call 911 or your doctor right away if a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler does not stop the attack. Talk to you doctor if your symptoms worsen while taking Combivent (Ipratropium / Albuterol), you may need to discuss other medication options that will treat your condition.