Helps you stay awake and focus.
Our bottom line
Daytrana (Methylphenidate) is an effective medication used to treat ADHD and can be used as a patch.
- Price with coupon: $39.34
- Retail Price:$86.23Price with coupon:$41.39
- Membership warehousePrice with coupon: $50.65
- Retail Price:$101.40Price with coupon:$50.70
- Kroger PharmacyRetail Price:$89.82Price with coupon:$51.20
- Recommended as a first-choice medication to treat ADHD in both adults and children.
- The patch is convenient since it can be put on in the morning and doesn't need to be removed until 9 hours later.
- Need to change where you place the patch every day, otherwise your skin can become irritated.
- Need to avoid exposing the patch to heat sources such as heaters and electric blankets since the heat can cause the patch to unsafely release more drug than it was designed for.
- Can't use this if you have glaucoma.
- Not safe for children younger than 6 years.
- The patch is only available as brand name, so it can be expensive.
Daytrana (Methylphenidate) is a stimulant. It treats narcolepsy and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by increasing norepinephrine and dopamine activity in the brain.
Side effect rates for Daytrana (methylphenidate)
- Decreased appetite
- Sleep difficulty
- Weight decreased
- Abdominal pain
Risks and Warnings for Daytrana (methylphenidate)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of heart problems
Daytrana (Methylphenidate) has been associated with heart attack, stroke, and sudden death. Anyone with a history of heart problems shouldn't take it, and people should be screened for heart problems before starting it. Watch out for unexplained fainting or chest pain that comes on with physical activity.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Daytrana (methylphenidate)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Don't use alcohol or drugs while on this.
- Don't take Daytrana (Methylphenidate) in the evening or you won't be able to sleep. If using the patch, put it on early in the morning to prevent insomnia.