Treats low testosterone.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
This testosterone injection only has to be given once or twice a month and you can do it at home, but someone has to help you inject.
Loading pricing data...
- A first-choice treatment for low testosterone in men and delayed puberty in boys.
- Available in generic.
- Only has to be given once every 2 to 4 weeks.
- The shot can be done at home.
People say this drug is:98 reviews
- Only available as a shot.
- Has to be given by someone else since it has to be injected into your buttocks.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection)
Risks and Warnings for Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Male
Taking Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection) can cause swelling and breast tissue changes if you're a man. Talk to your doctor if this is a problem.
Common concerns from people taking Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
Kidneys and liver
- There have been reports of people on Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection) who have developed high levels of calcium in the blood, which can be bad for the kidneys. This can happen if you are unable to move around or have cancer. If you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain or a bad headache, talk to your doctor, since they may have to stop the medication.