Helps you stay awake and focus.
Our bottom line
Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine) is an effective and cheap medication used to treat ADHD, but it can be habit-forming and is not used for long-term treatment.
- Price with coupon: $64.68
- Kroger PharmacyPrice with coupon: $65.15
- Price with coupon: $70.11
- Membership warehousePrice with coupon: $78.51
- Price with coupon: $78.56
- Recommended as a first-choice medication to treat ADHD in both adults and children.
- Available as a generic, so it is cheaper than other medications used to treat ADHD.
- Available in an immediate release and extended release form, which allows for once or twice a day dosing.
- Fruit juice lowers the amount of Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine) that gets into your body.
- If you want to stop taking Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine), you have to talk to your doctor since stopping cold turkey can cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine) is usually not used long-term since it can be habit-forming.
Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine) is a stimulant. It treats narcolepsy and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by increasing norepinephrine and dopamine activity in the brain.
Side effect rates for Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine)
Risks and Warnings for Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of heart problems
Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine) has been associated with heart attack, stroke, and sudden death. Anyone with a history of heart problems shouldn't take it, and people should be screened for heart problems before starting it. Watch out for unexplained fainting or chest pain that comes on with physical activity.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Don't take more that prescribed or mix it with alcohol. Can be pretty addictive and if you stop taking it after a long time you will feel a total lack of energy etc
- This will cause dry mouth leading to mouth and tongue pain if you do not stay hydrated. Drink a glass of water every hour you're awake (caffeinated beverages do *NOT* count!). The need to pee all of the time beats the mouth pain.