Improves heart pumping.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Digoxin is a good backup for treating heart failure symptoms, but it doesn't, by itself, lower your risk of death.
- Used for some abnormal heart rhythms, and for heart failure that can't be controlled by other medications.
- Relieves shortness of breath, and makes it easier to be active without having symptoms.
- In studies, Digoxin lowered the risk of having to be admitted to the hospital for worsening heart failure.
- For heart failure, relieves symptoms, but does not lower the risk of death. That's why it's usually used together with other heart failure medicines that do lower the risk of death.
- Requires blood tests, especially during the first few weeks of treatment.
Save on your next Lanoxin (Digoxin) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 125mcg tablet
- Cost for (30) 125mcg tablets of Lanoxin (Digoxin) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$15.24New price:$4.27Save72%
- $15.24New price:$4.27Save72%
- $24.44New price:$8.80Save64%
- $25.94New price:$9.60Save63%
- Kroger Pharmacy
- Sams Club
Side effects for Lanoxin (Digoxin)
From clinical trials of Digoxin / Any condition ( 248)
- DizzinessDizziness5% for Digoxin vs.4% for placebo
- Mental disturbancesMental disturbances4% for Digoxin vs.0% for placebo
- NauseaNausea3% for Digoxin vs.2% for placebo
- DiarrheaDiarrhea3% for Digoxin vs.0% for placebo
- HeadacheHeadache3% for Digoxin vs.3% for placebo
- DeathDeath3% for Digoxin vs.2% for placebo
- Side effects requiring hospitalizationSide effects requiring hospitalization2% for Digoxin vs.1% for placebo
- Abnormally fast heart beatAbnormally fast heart beat2% for Digoxin vs.0% for placebo
- VomitingVomiting2% for Digoxin vs.0% for placebo
- RashRash2% for Digoxin vs.0% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Abdominal pain
- Heart arrest
- Heart pounding or racing sensation
- Loss of appetite
- Premature heartbeats
What to expect when you take Lanoxin (Digoxin)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Take it at the same time every day.
- Drink plenty of water while taking this medicine.
- Requires routine blood tests to make sure you have the right amount of Digoxin in your body.
- Tell your doctor about other medicines you're taking to avoid drug interactions.
Risks and Warnings for Lanoxin (Digoxin)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of heart problems
- › Drug interactions
- › Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
Lanoxin (Digoxin) can cause changes to your heartbeat (ventricular fibrillation) if you have a rare condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Talk to your doctor if you have this condition.