Prevents breathing problems.
Our bottom line
Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) is a convenient medication that'll control your asthma long-term, but it won’t stop a sudden asthma attack.
- It's a combination medicine that lowers inflammation and opens airways in your lungs.
- Significantly improves lung function and lowers the number of flare-ups by 70%. Also reduces rescue inhaler use in asthma.
- By inhaling this medication, it gets into your lungs quickly and doesn't affect the rest of your body as much, so if should have a lower risk of side effects.
- Some people who take Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) are able to use their fast-acting rescue inhalers less often.
- You need to use Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) twice a day to control your symptoms.
- It doesn’t stop a sudden asthma attack. You always need to have a rescue inhaler close by to treat sudden symptoms or breathing problems.
- Steroids can suppress your immune system, so you can catch bacterial and viral infections easier while on this.
- You may need to take a different medicine if your asthma doesn’t improve and you need your rescue inhaler more often, or if tests show that your lung function is reduced.
Save on your next Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 120 doses of 200mcg/5mcg inhaler
- Cost for (1) 120 doses of 200mcg/5mcg inhaler of Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$328.08New price:$305.11Save:7%
- $355.33New price:$305.58Save:14%
- $376.95New price:$309.10Save:18%
- Rite-Aid$363.47New price:$312.58Save:14%
- $352.69New price:$317.42Save:10%
What to expect when you take Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Starts working right away, but it can take 1 to 2 weeks to feel the full effects.
- Inhale two separate puffs in the morning and two separate puffs in the evening. It’s important to read the information that comes with your medicine so you use it the correctly.
- Clean the mouthpiece with a dry cloth every 7 days and don’t wash it with water.
- Rinse your mouth out with water after each use to lower your chance of getting a yeast infection (thrush) in the mouth and throat.
Side effects for Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol)
From clinical trials of Dulera / Asthma (100 mcg/5 mcg) ( 620)
- Common coldCommon cold5% for Dulera vs.4% for placebo
- HeadacheHeadache5% for Dulera vs.4% for placebo
- Speech disorderSpeech disorder5% for Dulera vs.0% for placebo
- Sinus inflammationSinus inflammation3% for Dulera vs.1% for placebo
- Oral candidiasisOral candidiasis1% for Dulera vs.1% for placebo
Risks and Warnings for Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Adverse effect of all long-acting beta agonist drugs (LABAs)
There are reports of worsening asthma leading to death in people taking medicines like Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) that contain a long-acting beta agonist. Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) should only be used if your symptoms haven't improved with a fast-acting inhaler or controller medication alone (corticosteroid inhaler). While taking Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol), if your asthma doesn’t improve or gets worse, if you need your rescue inhaler more often, or if you have sudden shortness of breath, call 911 or your doctor immediately.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol) can increase blood pressure and heart rate, especially if you already have these conditions. These symptoms are related to one of the medications in this product, so don't change or increase your dose without talking to your doctor first. Tell your doctor if you develop dizziness, tremor, nausea, rapid heartbeat, become very tired, or have difficulty sleeping while taking Dulera (Mometasone / Formoterol).
- Tried many others, nothing worked until Dulera. So great to breath, but caused rapid weight gain 20lbs in 2.5 months. Have to stop taking and find something else. Ugh!!!