Prevents and treats infections.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Ery-Tab (Erythromycin) works well to treat a variety of bacterial infections, but check for drug interactions before taking it.
- It's used to treat a variety of infections caused by bacteria.
- It comes as an oral suspension and as a tablet.
- You can get a test done that'll show you if Ery-Tab (Erythromycin) will work for you.
- Interacts with a lot of drugs, so don't take it with colchicine, statin drugs, verapamil, amlodipine, or diltiazem.
- Diarrhea and other stomach problems are common side effects.
- Can cause liver problems, so people with previous liver problems need to be closely monitored while on Ery-Tab (Erythromycin).
Save on your next Ery-Tab (Erythromycin) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 30g of 2% tube of gel
- Cost for (1) 30g of 2% tube of gel of Ery-Tab (Erythromycin) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$27.39New price:$8.49Save69%
- $27.39New price:$8.49Save69%
Side effects for Ery-Tab (Erythromycin)
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal liver function
- Allergic reactions
- Body shaking
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Interstitial nephritis
- Liver inflammation
- Loss of appetite
- Psudeomembranous colitis
- Qt prolongation
- Skin reactions
- Ventricular arrythmias
What to expect when you take Ery-Tab (Erythromycin)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Take it with or without food.
- It's dosed based on your weight, so different people will have different doses.
- If you're using the suspension, refrigerate it and use it within 10 days.
- It's common to feel better before you're supposed to stop taking Ery-Tab (Erythromycin), but make sure to take it for the entire time your doctor prescribed it. Skipping doses or stopping early can lower the drug's effectiveness and increase the chance that the drug won't work as well next time.
Risks and Warnings for Ery-Tab (Erythromycin)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of liver disease
There have been reports of liver damage that can require hospitalization or can cause death. These have been rare. Talk to your doctor if you notice pain in your abdomen, loss of appetite, yellowing of your skin or eyes, or dark colored urine.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Ery-Tab (Erythromycin)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Take it with or without food.
- I'm only on day 2 of my 7 day course for a nasty infection and I am already off work in bed! The stomach cramps have been so intense that I couldn't sleep, the loss of appetite happened pretty much straight away... absolutely starving, make something, for some reason I can't taste anything so I pick and hardly touch it. I have a penicillin allergy so erythromycin was the alternative - Never ever again do I want to be offered these!!!Age: 29Gender: WomanTaken for: Acne
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › It's dosed based on your weight, so different people will have different doses.