Relieves menopause symptoms and lowers your risk of osteoporosis.
Our bottom line
Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) is effective at treating symptoms related to menopause and preventing bone loss. The estrogen/progestin combo is a good options for women with an intact uterus.
- (1) 28 tablets of 0.5mg/0.1mg package
- Cost for (1) 28 tablets of 0.5mg/0.1mg package of Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$119.31New price:$57.27Save:52%
- Kroger Pharmacy$106.89New price:$84.44Save:21%
- Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) replenishes estrogen to your whole body and relieves multiple symptoms due to low estrogen (hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness).
- Good choice for women with intact uterus. The norethindrone (a progestin) protects against the risk of cancer in the uterus from estrogen treatment.
- Lowers your risk of fractures by keeping your bones healthy. Make sure you also get enough calcium and Vitamin D.
- Improves mood, energy, and mental alertness for some people.
- Mimvey brand is less expensive than other estrogen/progestin combination medicines.
- More potential side effects since it exposes your whole body to two hormones, estrogen and norethindrone (a progestin).
- Increases your risk of developing blood clots and stroke.
- You may get irregular bleeding and spotting that can last a few months to a year.
Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) contains two hormones that work to balance hormone changes in your body during and after menopause. Estradiol (an estrogen) reduces hot flashes and night sweats and prevents bone loss, but can also harm cells in the uterus after menopause. Norethindrone (a progestin) protects the uterus from damage.
Side effect rates for Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)
- Breast pain
- Ear, nose, or throat infection
- Sinus inflammation
- Sleep difficulty
- Back pain
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Uterine fibroid
- Infection viral
- Moniliasis genital
Risks and Warnings for Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using estrogen for more than one year
Vaginal bleeding after menopause can be a warning sign of uterus (endometrial) cancer, so let your doctor know if you notice any unusual bleeding. When estrogen is prescribed to women after menopause who still have a uterus, progestin should be used with it to lower the risk of cancer. Low-dose vaginal estrogen products are often a better choice than oral pills for women 65 years or older who have vaginal symptoms.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Can cause nausea, dizziness, bloating, and breast tenderness.
- Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) is a mixture of estrogen and progestin. It could cause a higher risk of ovarian cancer, especially if you have a family history of it. Your doctor can help you weigh the risks versus the benefits of this medication.