Relieves menopause symptoms and lowers your risk of osteoporosis.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) is effective at treating symptoms related to menopause and preventing bone loss. The estrogen/progestin combo is a good options for women with an intact uterus.
- Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) replenishes estrogen to your whole body and relieves multiple symptoms due to low estrogen (hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness).
- Good choice for women with intact uterus. The norethindrone (a progestin) protects against the risk of cancer in the uterus from estrogen treatment.
- Lowers your risk of fractures by keeping your bones healthy. Make sure you also get enough calcium and Vitamin D.
- Improves mood, energy, and mental alertness for some people.
- Mimvey brand is less expensive than other estrogen/progestin combination medicines.
- More potential side effects since it exposes your whole body to two hormones, estrogen and norethindrone (a progestin).
- Increases your risk of developing blood clots and stroke.
- You may get irregular bleeding and spotting that can last a few months to a year.
Save on your next Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 28 tablets of 0.5mg/0.1mg package
- Cost for (1) 28 tablets of 0.5mg/0.1mg package of Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) at pharmacies
- $104.12New price:$51.02Save51%
- Rite-Aid$110.13New price:$52.86Save52%
- Sams Club
- $158.00New price:$79.00Save50%
Side effects for Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)
From clinical trials of Estradiol Norethindrone / Postmenopausal endometrial hyperplasia ( 295)
- Breast painBreast pain24% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Ear, nose, or throat infectionEar, nose, or throat infection18% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- HeadacheHeadache16% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Sinus inflammationSinus inflammation7% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Sleep difficultySleep difficulty6% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Back painBack pain6% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Post-menopausal bleedingPost-menopausal bleeding5% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Uterine fibroidUterine fibroid5% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Infection viralInfection viral4% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
- Moniliasis genitalMoniliasis genital4% for Estradiol/Norethindrone vs.0% for placebo
What to expect when you take Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Shouldn't be used forever. Talk to your doctor regularly to see if you still need treatment.
- Can cause nausea, dizziness, bloating, and breast tenderness.
- Tell your doctor about any unusual vaginal bleeding.
- Get emergency care if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision.
Risks and Warnings for Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using estrogen for more than one year
Vaginal bleeding after menopause can be a warning sign of uterus (endometrial) cancer, so let your doctor know if you notice any unusual bleeding. When estrogen is prescribed to women after menopause who still have a uterus, progestin should be used with it to lower the risk of cancer. Low-dose vaginal estrogen products are often a better choice than oral pills for women 65 years or older who have vaginal symptoms.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.