Relieves menopause symptoms and lowers your risk of osteoporosis.
Our bottom line
Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) is effective at treating symptoms related to menopause and preventing bone loss. The estrogen/progestin combo is a good options for women with an intact uterus.
- (1) 28 tablets of 0.5mg/0.1mg package
- Cost for (1) 28 tablets of 0.5mg/0.1mg package of Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$119.31New price:$57.27Save:52%
- Kroger Pharmacy$106.89New price:$84.44Save:21%
- Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) replenishes estrogen to your whole body and relieves multiple symptoms due to low estrogen (hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness).
- Good choice for women with intact uterus. The norethindrone (a progestin) protects against the risk of cancer in the uterus from estrogen treatment.
- Lowers your risk of fractures by keeping your bones healthy. Make sure you also get enough calcium and Vitamin D.
- Improves mood, energy, and mental alertness for some people.
- Mimvey brand is less expensive than other estrogen/progestin combination medicines.
- More potential side effects since it exposes your whole body to two hormones, estrogen and norethindrone (a progestin).
- Increases your risk of developing blood clots and stroke.
- You may get irregular bleeding and spotting that can last a few months to a year.
Side effect rates for Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)
- Breast pain
- Ear, nose, or throat infection
- Sinus inflammation
- Sleep difficulty
- Back pain
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Uterine fibroid
- Infection viral
- Moniliasis genital
Risks and Warnings for Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using estrogen for more than one year
Vaginal bleeding after menopause can be a warning sign of uterus (endometrial) cancer, so let your doctor know if you notice any unusual bleeding. When estrogen is prescribed to women after menopause who still have a uterus, progestin should be used with it to lower the risk of cancer. Low-dose vaginal estrogen products are often a better choice than oral pills for women 65 years or older who have vaginal symptoms.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Can cause nausea, dizziness, bloating, and breast tenderness.
- Activella (Estradiol / Norethindrone) is a mixture of estrogen and progestin. It could cause a higher risk of ovarian cancer, especially if you have a family history of it. Your doctor can help you weigh the risks versus the benefits of this medication.