Prevents bone loss and lowers your risk of breast cancer.
Our bottom line
Evista (Raloxifene) is effective at reducing bone loss and lowering the risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women, but does carry the risk of blood clots.
- (30) 60mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 60mg tablets of Evista (Raloxifene) at pharmacies
- $215.68New price:$47.45Save:78%
- Kroger Pharmacy$160.95New price:$70.82Save:56%
- $198.54New price:$77.43Save:61%
- $192.52New price:$80.86Save:58%
- Rite-Aid$216.37New price:$93.04Save:57%
- Evista (Raloxifene) doesn’t affect the breast or uterus the same way that estrogen does, so the risk of cancer is much lower.
- Taking Evista (Raloxifene) with calcium and vitamin D improves spine and hip bone health and lowers the risk of fractures.
- Lowers total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the bad cholesterol).
- Can only take Evista (Raloxifene) once you’re in menopause. You can't take it if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Evista (Raloxifene) isn’t as effective as tamoxifen at lowering the risk of invasive breast cancer.
- Shouldn’t take it with any other forms of estrogen (pills, patches, or injection).
- It doesn’t increase bone strength as much as estrogen does and isn’t effective for treating hot flashes.
Side effect rates for Evista (Raloxifene)
- Any side effect
- Leg or ankle swelling
- Muscle spasms/leg cramps
- Hot flashes
- Venous thromboembolic events
Risks and Warnings for Evista (Raloxifene)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of stroke
- › Heart and blood vessel problems
- › History of mini stroke (TIA)
- › Atrial fibrillation
- › Smoking
- › High blood pressure
Evista (Raloxifene) can cause increase the risk of stroke. The risk is greater in women with a history of stroke or TIA, who have heart disease, atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure and who smoke.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Evista (Raloxifene)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Regular exercise, cutting back on smoking, and drinking less alcohol can also reduce your risk of bone loss.
- Take 1 tablet daily with or without food about the same time each day. It’s important to read the information you get with your medicine about how to take Evista (Raloxifene).
- Evista (Raloxifene) is processed by the kidney and liver. If you have kidney or liver problems, talk to your doctor because you may need a different dose.