Relaxes your muscles.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) is widely used to treat muscle spasms and is available as a generic, but it shouldn't be used long-term.
- Can relieve pain associated with muscle spasms.
- Available as a generic medication.
- Can be used by pregnant women.
- Can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Not meant for long-term therapy.
- Not recommended in elderly patients, people with glaucoma, or in people with recent heart issues (like rhythm problems, heart failure, or heart attack).
Save on your next Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (90) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (90) 10mg tablets of Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$12.67New price:$2.79Save78%
- Sams Club
- $13.99New price:$2.52Save82%
- $17.45New price:$4.71Save73%
- $17.45New price:$4.71Save73%
Side effects for Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine)
From clinical trials of Flexeril / Muscle spasms (Extended release - 15 mg) ( 255)
- Dry mouthDry mouth6% for Cyclobenzaprine vs.2% for placebo
- DizzinessDizziness3% for Cyclobenzaprine vs.2% for placebo
- FatigueFatigue3% for Cyclobenzaprine vs.2% for placebo
- NauseaNausea3% for Cyclobenzaprine vs.1% for placebo
- ConstipationConstipation1% for Cyclobenzaprine vs.0% for placebo
- DrowsinessDrowsiness1% for Cyclobenzaprine vs.0% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
What to expect when you take Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle relaxantSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Can cause dizziness, fatigue, and sleepiness.
- Take the medication at the same time each day.
- Not to be used for long-term treatment.
- Don't drink alcohol while on this medication.
Risks and Warnings for Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) 14 days before starting
- › Taking other medications for your mood
Taking Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) along with other medications used for your mood, such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors and certain antidepressants, can make you more likely to have a serious condition called serotonin syndrome. Symptoms include sudden changes in your mental status (confusion and hallucinations), muscles (tremors and rigidity) and nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Go to the emergency room or talk to your doctor immediately if you notice these symptoms. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if your other medications will interact with Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine).
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Don't drink alcohol while on this medication.
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › Taking Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) may make you feel dizzy or sleepy for the first few days, especially if you drink a lot of alcohol or take recreational drugs. Your body should adjust to this, however, avoid driving or other activities requiring concentration until you know how your body responds to the medication. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if these symptoms bother you.
- I was only able to take it at night, since it made me drowsy. I wouldn't drive for sure.Age: 32Gender: WomanTaken for: Muscle spasm
- Awful! I may have had a bad reaction to this medication . I took one 5mg and went to sleep. Woke up an hr later having hallucinations. ScaryAge: 36Gender: WomanTaken for: Muscle spasm
- Prescribed mainly for sleep with my sciatica. Helps with that quite well. Not so much for the actual pain.Age: 22Gender: ManTaken for: Muscle spasm
- caused dry mouth and weight gainAge: 58Gender: Woman