Treats low testosterone.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
While Androxy (Fluoxymesterone) is available for treating low testosterone, other treatments are better first choices.
Coupons and discounts
- (60) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 10mg tablets of Androxy (Fluoxymesterone) at pharmacies
- Available as an oral tablet.
People say this drug is:101 reviews
- Not considered a first-choice treatment for low testosterone, and not recommended for treating breast cancers that respond to testosterone.
- Available only as brand name, so it can be expensive.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Androxy (Fluoxymesterone)
Risks and Warnings for Androxy (Fluoxymesterone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Diabetes
If you're taking Androxy (Fluoxymesterone) and you're also using insulin to control your blood sugar, talk to your doctor. They might have to change the dose.
Common concerns from people taking Androxy (Fluoxymesterone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
Kidneys and liver
- There have been reports of people on Androxy (Fluoxymesterone) who have developed high levels of calcium in the blood, which can be bad for the kidneys. This has happened if you have breast cancer or if you are unable to move around. If you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain or a bad headache, talk to your doctor, since they may have to stop the medication.
- If you're on Androxy (Fluoxymesterone), and you notice pain in your abdomen, or if your skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow, call your doctor immediately. This can be liver damage.