Treats migraine headaches.
Our bottom line
Triptans are the first-choice to treat migraines. Frova (frovatriptan) works just as well as other triptans for migraines, but doesn't work for other types of headaches like cluster headaches.
- Frova (frovatriptan) is available in generic.
- Unlike other similar medicines, you can take up to 3 tablets of Frova (frovatriptan) every 24 hours.
- Frova (frovatriptan) is first choice of medicines for treatment of migraine headaches.
- Available as an oral tablet only, which may be difficult to swallow during bad migraine attack.
- Doesn't prevent migraines.
- Doesn't work for other types of headaches like cluster headaches.
- Not recommended for children under 18 years old.
Frova (frovatriptan) is a triptan. It prevents the opening of blood vessels in your brain, which causes migraines.
What to expect when you take Frova (frovatriptan) for Migraine headacheSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Frova (frovatriptan)
- Tingling or prickling sensation
- Dry mouth
- Hot or cold sensation
- Muscle pain
- Chest pain
Risks and Warnings for Frova (frovatriptan)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Heart disease
- › history of chest pain/angina
- › uncontrolled high blood pressure
People who have heart disease or chest pain shouldn't take Frova (frovatriptan) since it can increase the risk for heart attacks. Talk to your doctor first to see if you can take Frova (frovatriptan).
Common concerns from people taking Frova (frovatriptan)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Frova (frovatriptan) can make you dizzy or sleepy. Don't drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how your body reacts to it.