Relieves sore throat and mouth pain.
Over-the-counterLower-cost generic available
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Halls Menthol Lozenges (Menthol) relieve sore throats well and don't have many side effects.
- Halls Menthol Lozenges (Menthol) are effective at relieving pain in the mouth and throat. They work right away, so you don’t have to wait long to feel better.
- Come in a sugar-free form (which can be better for your teeth).
- Available in different flavors so you have the option of choosing the best-tasting one.
- These cough drops don’t cure infections or colds, but they help relieve some of their symptoms.
- Pain relief doesn't last long, so you may need to take a new cough drop every 2 hours.
- Can’t be used for children who are younger than 5 years old.
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Halls Menthol Lozenges (Menthol)
What to expect when you start Halls Menthol Lozenges (Menthol)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Use one lozenge every 2 hours as you need to for sore throat.
- Since the lozenges could be mistaken for candy and can be a choking hazard, keep these away from children who are younger than 5 years old.
- Let your doctor know if you have an infection and your symptoms don’t get better after a few days.
Risks and Warnings for Halls Menthol Lozenges (Menthol)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
If your sore throat gets worse or you begin to have a high fever, headache, nausea, or vomiting, talk to your doctor since these could all be signs of a worsening infection.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Halls Menthol Lozenges (Menthol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?