Lowers blood pressure. Removes extra water from your body.
Our bottom line
Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz)) is a well-tolerated water pill that's often the first-choice treatment for mild high blood pressure.
- (30) 12.5mg capsule
- Cost for (30) 12.5mg capsules of Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz)) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$12.12New price:$4.00Save:67%
- $19.20New price:$8.45Save:56%
- $19.57New price:$10.57Save:46%
- $16.25New price:$12.35Save:24%
- Works well to get rid of extra fluids in your body through urination.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people. Works especially well for African Americans.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Good option if you have both high blood pressure and heart failure.
- Raises calcium levels in the body, so it can be good for people with osteoporosis to slow down bone loss and even help with new bone formation.
- Most people have very few side effects.
- Makes you urinate more often.
- Doesn't work well in people with severe kidney problems.
What to expect when you take Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz)) for Lowers blood pressureSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz))
Risks and Warnings for Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz))Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Current electrolyte imbalance
Too much Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz)) can cause excessive urine production, which leads to dehydration and low levels of sodium, potassium or magnesium. The electrolyte imbalance can have negative affects on your muscles or other important organs. Any existing fluid or electrolyte imbalances should be addressed before using Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz)). Any changes for the medicine should be made by a doctor.
Common concerns from people taking Microzide (Hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz))Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Requires routine blood tests to check kidney function.
- Constant trips to the restroom & made me tired. Also experienced aching in my lower back (kidney area).
- I sometimes have pain in urethra