Treats itchy or irritated skin.
Our bottom line
Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) is a good topical steroid to try for treating minor rashes or skin irritation.
- (1) 454g of 2.5% jar of ointment
- Cost for (1) 454g of 2.5% jar of ointment of Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) at pharmacies
- $98.79New price:$27.66Save:72%
- Relieves itchy and irritated skin.
- Doesn't cause the same types of side effects that oral forms of steroids do.
- It's available over the counter in the drugstore.
- Most people have very few side effects.
- It's not a strong steroid, so it doesn't work for everyone.
- When used longer than a week, it can cause skin-thinning and make it harder for broken skin to heal.
Side effect rates for Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone)
Risks and Warnings for Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long-term treatment
- › Not vaccinated against viral diseases
- › Contact with people who have viral illness
- › History of bacterial or viral conditions
If you take Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) for a long time it can increase your risk of all types of infections, make it hard to tell if you have one, take longer to fight and be more serious. Be careful not to be in contact with anyone who has the chicken pox or measles. If you had tuberculosis (TB) in the past your doctor will need to monitor you while taking Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone). You may need to take medicine to prevent getting it or treat it if your TB comes back. Talk to your doctor before taking Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) if you haven't had vaccinations against certain viral diseases, are under stress or regularly around sick people.