Treats itchy or irritated skin.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) is a good topical steroid to try for treating minor rashes or skin irritation.
- Relieves itchy and irritated skin.
- Doesn't cause the same types of side effects that oral forms of steroids do.
- It's available over the counter in the drugstore.
- Most people have very few side effects.
- It's not a strong steroid, so it doesn't work for everyone.
- When used longer than a week, it can cause skin-thinning and make it harder for broken skin to heal.
Save on your next Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 454g of 2.5% jar of ointment
- Cost for (1) 454g of 2.5% jar of ointment of Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) at pharmacies
- $100.25New price:$28.07Save:72%
Side effects for Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone)
What to expect when you take Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Rub a thin layer of Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) into the area of skin that is affected.
- Don't rub it into broken areas of skin and leave the area uncovered.
- Wash your hands after applying it each time.
- Don't use Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) more often than your doctor or the package label recommends.
- Wait at least 30 minutes between applying moisturizing lotions and this medication.
- Talk to your doctor if your skin gets worse or hasn't improved in seven days.
Risks and Warnings for Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long-term treatment
- › Not vaccinated against viral diseases
- › Contact with people who have viral illness
- › History of bacterial or viral conditions
If you take Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) for a long time it can increase your risk of all types of infections, make it hard to tell if you have one, take longer to fight and be more serious. Be careful not to be in contact with anyone who has the chicken pox or measles. If you had tuberculosis (TB) in the past your doctor will need to monitor you while taking Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone). You may need to take medicine to prevent getting it or treat it if your TB comes back. Talk to your doctor before taking Anusol Hc (Hydrocortisone) if you haven't had vaccinations against certain viral diseases, are under stress or regularly around sick people.