Relieves chest pain.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Isosorbide mononitrate is good for chest pain, but you have to be able to stick to your dosing schedule or it won't work as well.
- Prevents heart-related chest pain (angina) from the narrowing of heart blood vessels (coronary artery disease).
- You can develop tolerance to this medicine over time, which means that the same dose becomes less effective. You have to stick to a really specific dosing schedule to prevent this from happening.
- Headaches are normal with this medicine and they go away as your body gets used to it, but they can be severe or not tolerable for some people.
Save on your next Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (60) 20mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 20mg tablets of Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate) at pharmacies
Side effects for Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate)
From clinical trials of Imdur / Angina (Extended release 30mg) ( 156)
- HeadacheHeadache38% for Isosorbide mononitrate vs.15% for placebo
- DizzinessDizziness8% for Isosorbide mononitrate vs.4% for placebo
What to expect when you take Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Can cause headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. Headache can be a sign that the medicine is working.
- Don't drink alcohol while taking this medicine. It can make you really dizzy.
- Tell your doctor if you're taking any medicine for erectile dysfunction.
- Don't stop taking this medicine suddenly.
Risks and Warnings for Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Concurrent use of erectile dysfunction medicine
- › Age 65 years or older
- › Alcohol use
Don't use Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate) with an erectile dysfunction medicine without talking to your doctor. You can feel dizzy or fall from a sudden drop in blood pressure when you change positions, such as going from sitting to standing. This is called orthostatic hypotension. If you're sensitive to low blood pressure, change position slowly until your body is used to the medicine. If you continue to feel dizzy or have episodes of fast heart rate a week after using Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate), dose adjustment or a different medication may be needed.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Don't drink alcohol while taking this medicine. It can make you really dizzy.