Lowers blood pressure. Removes extra water from your body.
Our bottom line
Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide) is a good combination blood pressure-lowering medicine to try if your blood pressure is very high.
- (30) 40mg/25mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 40mg/25mg tablets of Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide) at pharmacies
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Combines the benefits of two blood pressure lowering medicines with a single pill.
- For people with problems of fluid balance (like in congestive heart failure), it's helpful for taking off extra fluids.
- Can make you urinate more often and feel out of breath during physical activities.
- Can make you sensitive to sunlight.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Forgetting to take the medicine or stopping it suddenly can cause serious heart problems.
- May not work as well if you have severe kidney problems.
- Shouldn't take it if you have a sulfa allergy.
Side effect rates for Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide)
Risks and Warnings for Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Sudden discontinuation of medicine
Stopping Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide) suddenly can cause irregular fast heartbeat, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation to your heart and increase your risk of chest pain or heart attack. Work with your doctor to gradually reduce your dose if you would like to stop taking Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide).
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Inderide (Propranolol / Hydrochlorothiazide)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Get your blood pressure, potassium, and kidney function checked 1 week after starting the medicine, then routinely after.