Works with other medicines to treat HIV infection.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
This is the first medication approved as an Integrase Inhibitor (InSTI), so it may be a great, but somewhat expensive, option for people who have already tried other drugs and need another option.
- If having difficulty swallowing the tablet, consider the chewable tablet or oral suspension.
- Only one tablet taken two times a day.
- Can be used for kids 4 weeks and older.
- May be helpful if other HIV drugs have stopped working since Isentress works differently than most HIV drugs.
- Tablets, chewable tablets, and the oral suspension all have different doses, so talk to your doctor if you want to switch from one to another.
- The oral suspension has to be taken within 30 minutes of mixing it.
- Avoid taking antacids that contain aluminum and/or magnesium while taking Isentress.
- Let your doctor know right away if while taking Isentress you begin to feel unexplained muscle pain.
Save on your next Isentress (Raltegravir) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (60) 400mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 400mg tablets of Isentress (Raltegravir) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy
- $6050.36New price:$4719.28Save22%
- Sams Club
Side effects for Isentress (Raltegravir)
What to expect when you take Isentress (Raltegravir)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Set two times during the day, one in the morning and one in the evening that you will remember to take Isentress.
- Take Isentress with or without food.
- Isentress can make you tired, so avoid other medications or drinks that will add to the problem.
- If being used for kids, the dose of Isentress will continue to change as they grow, so keep in touch with their doctor.
Risks and Warnings for Isentress (Raltegravir)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Prior severe allergic reaction to Isentress
Severe, potentially life-threatening, skin reactions have been reported. Seek immediate medical attention if you notice a new or severe rash, a rash accompanied by fever, unexplained blisters, or many new sores in your mouth.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Isentress (Raltegravir)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Take Isentress with or without food.
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › Combining certain medications can increase the risk of muscle pain (myopathy), muscle damage (rhabdomyolysis), and kidney damage. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist when taking any new medications.