Relieves chest pain.
Our bottom line
Isosorbide dinitrate is good for chest pain, but you have to be able to stick to your dosing schedule or it won't work as well.
- (90) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (90) 10mg tablets of Isordil (Isosorbide Dinitrate) at pharmacies
- $76.48New price:$20.65Save:73%
- $83.52New price:$24.22Save:71%
- Treats and prevents heart-related chest pain (angina) from the narrowing of heart blood vessels (coronary artery disease).
- You can develop tolerance to this medicine over time, which means that the same dose becomes less effective. You have to stick to a really specific dosing schedule to prevent this from happening.
- Headaches are normal with this medicine and they go away as your body gets used to it, but they can be severe or not tolerable for some people.
Side effect rates for Isordil (Isosorbide Dinitrate)
Risks and Warnings for Isordil (Isosorbide Dinitrate)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Age 65 years or older
- › Taking drugs for erectile dysfunction
- › Alcohol use
Dizziness and falls may occur due to a sudden drop in blood pressure when you change positions, like from lying down or sitting to standing. This is called orthostatic hypotension. If you're sensitive to low blood pressure, change position slowly until your body is used to the medicine. If symptoms continues for more than a week, talk to your doctor. Also tell your doctor if you are taking any drugs for erectile dysfunction, as this can increase the likelihood of dizziness or falls. Drinking alcohol while on this medication may also increase the risk of dizziness or falling.
Common concerns from people taking Isordil (Isosorbide Dinitrate)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Don't drink alcohol while taking this medicine. It can make you really dizzy.