Treats ADHD and lowers blood pressure.
Our bottom line
Clonidine is a non-stimulant option to manage ADHD symptoms and behaviors, but it can lower your blood pressure.
- (60) 0.1mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 0.1mg tablets of Kapvay (Clonidine) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$16.28New price:$7.00Save:57%
- $20.25New price:$10.73Save:47%
- $16.79New price:$14.10Save:16%
- Can be used alone or together with a stimulant-type medicine to treat ADHD.
- In studies, it improved attention span and lowered hyperactivity and impulsivity in children and adolescents ages 6 to 17.
- Also treats blood pressure and some nervous system and psychiatric conditions.
- Can lower blood pressure.
- The pill form can make some people sleepy, dizzy, and have dry mouth.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Clonidine suddenly can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Side effect rates for Kapvay (Clonidine)
- Upper abdominal pain
- Any side effect
- Sleep difficulty
Risks and Warnings for Kapvay (Clonidine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Sudden discontinuation of medicine
Stopping Kapvay (Clonidine) suddenly can cause agitation, headache, tremors, and a sudden rise of blood pressure that can produce complications. Kapvay (Clonidine) should be stopped over 2-4 days with the supervision of a doctor. If using with a beta blocker medicine, slowly stop the beta blocker first before stopping Kapvay (Clonidine).
Common concerns from people taking Kapvay (Clonidine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Can cause drowsiness, headache, dizziness, and dry mouth.
- Best to take at night due to drowsiness side effect.