Calms down your immune system.
Our bottom line
Medrol (Methylprednisolone) is corticosteroid available in many forms (oral, injectable) that's great for controlling the unwanted symptoms from your immune responses and will make you feel better. There are lots of side effects but most of are tolerable or can be managed.
- (21) 4mg tablet
- Cost for (21) 4mg tablets of Medrol (Methylprednisolone) at pharmacies
- $30.82New price:$19.11Save:38%
- $27.39New price:$19.72Save:28%
- Rite-Aid$28.11New price:$21.36Save:24%
- Steroid magic, can help you feel better, have more energy and get more appetite.
- Useful in controlling immune responses that are causing you discomfort, and works quickly to relieve symptoms like swelling, rash, asthma attacks, gout attacks.
- Useful in suppressing the immune system from causing your body harm, like many autoimmune related conditions.
- Available in many different forms, including injection, that will expose the rest of your body less of the medicine.
- Lots of side effects, especially with long term use.
- Short-term use can cause mood changes, trouble sleeping and increase in blood pressure, blood sugar, and possible water retention.
- Long-term use can cause problems with skin, bone, eye health and put you at a higher risk for infections.
- People with certain conditions will have to pay extra attention to their symptoms or may have to adjust the dose of other medicines when taking Medrol.
- When using corticosteroids for more than 1 week, you will need to work with a doctor to get off the medicine slowly.
Medrol (Methylprednisolone) is a corticosteroid that's similar to what your body naturally makes. It reduces swelling and other immune responses that can cause you pain, discomfort, or harm.
Side effect rates for Medrol (Methylprednisolone)
Risks and Warnings for Medrol (Methylprednisolone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Lowering dose or stopping too quickly especially after long-term treatment
- › Stress such as trauma, surgery or infection
Adrenal suppression leading to adrenal crisis can occur if you lower your dose or stop taking Medrol (Methylprednisolone) too quickly. Symptoms include joint or muscle pain, extreme low energy and depression. Changes in your Medrol (Methylprednisolone) dose need to be done slowly over time. Talk to your doctor before you make any changes or stop the medication.
Common concerns from people taking Medrol (Methylprednisolone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take with food to decrease stomach upset.
- Adrenal suppression leading to adrenal crisis can occur if you lower your dose or stop taking Medrol (Methylprednisolone) too quickly. Symptoms include joint or muscle pain, extreme low energy and depression. Changes in your Medrol (Methylprednisolone) dose need to be done slowly over time. Talk to your doctor before you make any changes or stop the medication.