Treats bacterial infections.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Solodyn (Minocycline) is an effective way to treat certain skin infections, acne, and rosacea, but you'll need to use barrier methods of birth control since it can make birth control pills less effective and cause birth defects.
- Clinical studies show it's effective against MRSA, a common skin infection, and it's commonly used to treat acne and rosacea.
- Available as a generic, so it should be reasonably priced.
- Solodyn (Minocycline) is less likely to cause sunburn than other tetracycline antibiotics.
- Bacteria are less likely to become resistant to Solodyn (Minocycline) than other tetracycline antibiotics.
- It can make birth control pills less effective, so people should use barrier methods of birth control like condoms or diaphragms while on Solodyn (Minocycline).
- Can stain your teeth, mouth, and gums if you're using the tablets, or your skin if you're using the topical version, but this is temporary.
Save on your next Solodyn (Minocycline) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (60) 100mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 100mg tablets of Solodyn (Minocycline) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$361.86New price:$151.98Save:58%
- $471.09New price:$155.46Save:67%
- $360.09New price:$190.85Save:47%
Side effects for Solodyn (Minocycline)
What to expect when you take Solodyn (Minocycline)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Both men and women should use barrier methods of birth control while on Solodyn (Minocycline) since it can cause birth defects and make birth control pills less effective.
- Can make you dizzy, so be careful if you're getting up from lying down or sitting. Don't drive until you know how it affects you.
- Can stain your teeth, tongue and gums, but this is temporary.
- Take this exactly how your doctor or pharmacist tells you until it's all gone.
- Don't eat any dairy products or take any vitamins within 2 hours of taking Solodyn (Minocycline) because they can make the medication less effective.
Risks and Warnings for Solodyn (Minocycline)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Age 8 years or younger
This medication can cause changes in the color and development of teeth in fetuses and in children younger than 8 years old. Your doctor will recommend alternative medications.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Solodyn (Minocycline)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Definitely take with food. This medication can make you dizzy if taken on an empty stomach.Age: 15Gender: ManTaken for: Acne
- I always had to take it with/ after a full meal. I would get nauseated otherwise. Did wonders for my skin and I swear it kept me from getting a sick. It's well worth taking it to clear your skin up!Age: 24Gender: Man