Treats bacterial infections.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Solodyn (Minocycline) is an effective way to treat certain skin infections, acne, and rosacea, but you'll need to use barrier methods of birth control since it can make birth control pills less effective and cause birth defects.
Price and discounts
- (60) 100mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 100mg tablets of Solodyn (Minocycline) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$361.86New price:$151.98Save:58%
- $471.09New price:$155.46Save:67%
- $329.76New price:$181.37Save:45%
- $360.09New price:$190.85Save:47%
- Clinical studies show it's effective against MRSA, a common skin infection, and it's commonly used to treat acne and rosacea.
- Available as a generic, so it should be reasonably priced.
- Solodyn (Minocycline) is less likely to cause sunburn than other tetracycline antibiotics.
- Bacteria are less likely to become resistant to Solodyn (Minocycline) than other tetracycline antibiotics.
- It can make birth control pills less effective, so people should use barrier methods of birth control like condoms or diaphragms while on Solodyn (Minocycline).
- Can stain your teeth, mouth, and gums if you're using the tablets, or your skin if you're using the topical version, but this is temporary.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Solodyn (Minocycline)
0 reportsThese are side effects of Solodyn (Minocycline) reported to the FDA by people taking it, and by doctors and pharmacists.
Risks and Warnings for Solodyn (Minocycline)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Age 8 years or younger
This medication can cause changes in the color and development of teeth in fetuses and in children younger than 8 years old. Your doctor will recommend alternative medications.
Common concerns from people taking Solodyn (Minocycline)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- I always had to take it with/ after a full meal. I would get nauseated otherwise. Did wonders for my skin and I swear it kept me from getting a sick. It's well worth taking it to clear your skin up!