Our bottom line
Namenda (Memantine) is one of the few medications that can be used to treat moderate to severe dementia caused by Alzheimer's.
- (60) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (60) 10mg tablets of Namenda (Memantine) at pharmacies
- $332.29New price:$23.26Save:93%
- Kroger Pharmacy$118.80New price:$23.76Save:80%
- $339.75New price:$40.77Save:88%
- $370.81New price:$100.12Save:73%
- Only used to treat moderate to severe dementia caused by Alzheimer's disease.
- It's available as an immediate-release tablet, a solution, and an extended-release tablet.
- Can cause fewer side effects than other medicines used to treat Alzheimer's disease.
- Available as a generic, which is cheaper.
- Like other medications for dementia, it only slows down the progression of the disease; it doesn't stop or reverse it.
Side effect rates for Namenda (Memantine)
- High blood pressure
- Back pain
Risks and Warnings for Namenda (Memantine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of seizures
Namenda (Memantine) has been shown to raise the chances of someone having a seizure if they've had seizures in the past. Talk to your doctor if you've had a history of seizures to see if an alternative should be prescribed instead.