Relieves allergy symptoms.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone) is the only medication in its class available over the counter for treating stuffy and runny nose due to allergies. You have to use it every day for it to work.
- Available over the counter without a prescription.
- First-choice medication for treating runny and stuffy noses caused by allergies. It works by reducing inflammation in the nose.
- Because it's used directly where the inflammation is happening, it has fewer side effects than oral steroids do and has a lower chance of causing withdrawal symptoms once the medication is stopped.
- Can't be used on as-needed basis. Must be taken every day.
- Doesn't have a counter on it, so it can be hard to remember how many sprays are left.
- Since the medicine in Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone) is a steroid, it can slow down your healing process if you've hurt your nose or had nose surgery.
- Needs to be primed before use and re-primed if not used for more than 2 weeks.
Save on your next Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 15g of 0.1% tube of ointment
- Cost for (1) 15g of 0.1% tube of ointment of Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$6.02New price:$4.94Save:18%
- $10.32New price:$5.88Save:43%
- $14.82New price:$5.93Save:60%
Side effects for Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone)
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Glaucoma and cataracts
- Impaired wound healing
What to expect when you take Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Use Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone) once a day, following age-specific recommendations on how many sprays to use. Don't take more than prescribed.
- Blow your nose before using.
- Can cause thrush (a fungal infection) inside the nose and throat.
- Can also cause nosebleeds, a sore throat, and headaches.
- Needs to be used regularly during allergy season for it to work. It can take 1 to 2 weeks for the medicine to start working fully.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist on how to use the nasal spray the right way.
- Shake well before using it. Before the first use, prime the bottle by spraying it until you see a fine mist.
Risks and Warnings for Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long-term use
Long-term use of Nasacort Aq (Triamcinolone) can increase your chances of having changes in the nasal septum (the bony cartilage between your nostrils). Your doctor will check your nose regularly if you have to be on this medication for a long time.