Treats lice and scabies.
Our bottom line
Nix (Permethrin) works great, but make sure to read the directions carefully before using it.
- Nix (Permethrin) comes with a kit that contains a metal lice comb, disposable gloves, and a salon cape.
- A single application is usually sufficient to get rid of head lice.
- Nix (Permethrin) stays in the hair for 10 days, even after showering with a conditioner-free shampoo.
- Nix (Permethrin) is designed to leave the hair easy to comb after using.
- Can't be used on children under 2 months of age.
- Can't be used near the eyes, nose, vagina, or on eyebrows or eyelashes.
- Scalp itching or redness can occur.
- You can't use it if you're allergic to ragweed since it can cause difficulty breathing or an asthma attack.
- Can't use conditioner for a week after using Nix (Permethrin).
Nix (Permethrin) is a topical pediculicide and ovicide treatment that destroys little bugs and their eggs.
Side effect rates for Nix (permethrin)
- Mild and temporary burning and stinging
Risks and Warnings for Nix (permethrin)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Nix (Permethrin) can cause head itching. This is usually a consequence of the head lice infestation itself, but can be temporarily worsened following treatment with Nix (Permethrin). Other reactions which are less frequent include: stinging/burning, tingling, numbness or discomfort, redness, and swelling or rash of the scalp. All these reactions are mild and temporary.