Treats lice and scabies.
Our bottom line
Nix (Permethrin) works great, but make sure to read the directions carefully before using it.
- (1) 60g of 5% tube of cream
- Cost for (1) 60g of 5% tube of cream of Nix (Permethrin) at pharmacies
- $186.92New price:$48.60Save:74%
- $148.00New price:$51.80Save:65%
- Rite-Aid$146.15New price:$57.00Save:61%
- $148.13New price:$57.77Save:61%
- $128.79New price:$68.26Save:47%
- Kroger Pharmacy$97.38New price:$72.06Save:26%
- Nix (Permethrin) comes with a kit that contains a metal lice comb, disposable gloves, and a salon cape.
- A single application is usually sufficient to get rid of head lice.
- Nix (Permethrin) stays in the hair for 10 days, even after showering with a conditioner-free shampoo.
- Nix (Permethrin) is designed to leave the hair easy to comb after using.
- Can't be used on children under 2 months of age.
- Can't be used near the eyes, nose, vagina, or on eyebrows or eyelashes.
- Scalp itching or redness can occur.
- You can't use it if you're allergic to ragweed since it can cause difficulty breathing or an asthma attack.
- Can't use conditioner for a week after using Nix (Permethrin).
Side effect rates for Nix (Permethrin)
- Mild and temporary burning and stinging
Risks and Warnings for Nix (Permethrin)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Nix (Permethrin) can cause head itching. This is usually a consequence of the head lice infestation itself, but can be temporarily worsened following treatment with Nix (Permethrin). Other reactions which are less frequent include: stinging/burning, tingling, numbness or discomfort, redness, and swelling or rash of the scalp. All these reactions are mild and temporary.