Orencia (Abatacept) decreases inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Orencia (Abatacept) slows the progress of rheumatoid arthritis, but can also have serious side effects.
Coupons and discounts
- (1) 4 syringes of 125mg/ml carton
- Cost for (1) 4 syringes of 125mg/ml carton of Orencia (Abatacept) at pharmacies
- Helps minimize joint damage, lowers symptoms, and prevents future problems.
- In a 2-year study that used IV Orencia (Abatacept) with methotrexate, more than half of the people had remission and the majority felt significantly better.
- People taking [name-common] had no new joint damage after two years.
- Taking Orencia (Abatacept) allows RA patients to use less prednisone, a steroid that has many side effects.
- Orencia (Abatacept) can be used without other medications for RA.
- You'll have to get your blood tested regularly while taking Orencia (Abatacept).
- You'll probably have to take other medications to help treat your RA symptoms.
- Orencia (Abatacept) is pretty expensive.
- The IV infusion form of Orencia (Abatacept) can cause a reaction, which ranges from a slight itching or warm feeling to more serious complications like low blood pressure and chest pain.
- Because RA is chronic disease, you'll likely take Orencia (Abatacept) for many years.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Orencia (Abatacept)
2944 From clinical trials of Orencia / Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Common cold
- Back pain
- High blood pressure
- Urinary tract infection
- Pain in extremity
Risks and Warnings for Orencia (Abatacept)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
You shouldn't take Orencia (Abatacept) with TNF antagonists (other DMARDs like Remicade, Humira, and Enbrel). People taking any of these combinations can experience more infections.
Common concerns from people taking Orencia (Abatacept)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?