lowers eye pressure
Lower-cost generic available
Our bottom line
A very effective first line treatment for increased eye pressure. Lowering eye pressure back to normal may prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- pilocarpine is often used with other drugs to control eye pressure.
- pilocarpine causes the pupil of the eye to become smaller, and may cause dim vision, especially at night, therefore driving at night may be impaired.
Save on your next Salagen (Pilocarpine) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (90) 5mg tablet
- Cost for (90) 5mg tablets of Salagen (Pilocarpine) at pharmacies
- $175.72New price:$43.93Save:75%
- Rite-Aid$137.36New price:$72.80Save:47%
- $138.36New price:$77.48Save:44%
What to expect when you take Salagen (Pilocarpine)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Wash hands before putting drops in eyes.
- Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- If you wear contacts remove them and wait 15 minutes, after putting the drop in eye, to replace them.
- After instilling drops in the eye, press one finger to the inner corner of eye, by the nose, and press lightly for 1 minute.
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Salagen (Pilocarpine)
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Salagen (Pilocarpine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?