Lowers blood pressure.
Our bottom line
Plendil (felodipine) works well to lower blood pressure, but it may cause swelling in your arms and legs at higher doses.
- Plendil (felodipine) is a good option for people with high blood pressure.
- Calcium channel blockers sometimes work better for people of African descent than other blood pressure lowering drugs.
- Plendil (felodipine) may not work as well as other calcium channel blockers.
- It can lead to more swelling in your arms and legs when taken at higher doses.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Plendil (felodipine) could cause a sudden spike in blood pressure.
- Plendil (felodipine) can't be crushed or cut into two.
Plendil (felodipine) is a calcium channel blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing heart tissue and lowering pressure in blood vessels, which causes your blood pressure to go down.
What to expect when you take Plendil (felodipine) for High blood pressureSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Plendil (felodipine)
- Racing heart beat
- Colds or flu
Risks and Warnings for Plendil (felodipine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Over age 65
Plendil (felodipine) can lead to low blood pressure and cause lightheadedness and fainting. People who are over 65 years old are more likely to get this. This usually goes away after a few days, but talk to your doctor if it doesn't go away or if it bothers you.
Common concerns from people taking Plendil (felodipine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Plendil (felodipine) can be taken without food or with a light low fat meal.