Lowers blood pressure and makes it easier to urinate.
Our bottom line
Prazosin is used mostly to make urination easier for men with an enlarged prostate, but it can cause dizziness.
- (30) 1mg capsule
- Cost for (30) 1mg capsules of Minipress (Prazosin) at pharmacies
- $17.95New price:$11.13Save:38%
- Kroger Pharmacy$27.10New price:$16.26Save:40%
- $54.20New price:$16.26Save:70%
- Can be added to other blood pressure-lowering medicines if you need additional blood pressure control.
- Makes urination easier in men with an enlarged prostate.
- Helps people with PTSD get better sleep with fewer, less-intense nightmares.
- Not the best medicine to lower blood pressure by itself.
- Likely to cause orthostatic hypotension. This means dizziness when you change positions (like standing up) because your blood pressure doesn't adjust quickly enough.
- Not preferred for people 65 years or older.
Side effect rates for Minipress (Prazosin)
- Lack of energy
- Heart pounding or racing sensation
Risks and Warnings for Minipress (Prazosin)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Age 65 years or older
You can feel dizzy or fall from a sudden drop in blood pressure when you change positions, such as going from sitting to standing. This is called orthostatic hypotension. If you're sensitive to low blood pressure, change position slowly until your body is used to the medicine. If symptoms continues for more than a week, dose adjustment or a different medication may be needed.
Common concerns from people taking Minipress (Prazosin)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take with food or at bedtime to avoid side effects.
- Can cause drowsiness, headache, dizziness, and nausea.