Treats inflammation of the eye caused by an infection.
Our bottom line
[name-common] helps reduce inflammation and treats infections in your eye.
- The use of a combination product makes it easier than using two separate medications. The steroid (prednisolone) will reduce inflammation and the antibiotic (gentamicin) will lower the risk of infection.
- Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) is available in drops or ointment. Both contain the same medications.
- Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) is not used for viral infections, but only for infections caused by bacteria.
- You can be more sensitive to light after taking this medication.
- Using the ointment can cause blurry vision for a few minutes after applying.
- Don't do activities that require clear vision, such as driving, until you are able to see normally after taking a dose.
Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) is a combination medicine that contains a steroid and an antibiotic. The steroid (prednisolone) reduces inflammation and the antibiotic (gentamicin) treats infections.
Side effect rates for Pred-G (prednisolone / gentamicin)
Risks and Warnings for Pred-G (prednisolone / gentamicin)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) for more than 10 days
Prolonged use of corticosteroids can result in glaucoma with damage to the optic nerve, defects in the clarity of your vision, and can cause cataracts to form. If used for 10 days or longer, intraocular pressure should be routinely monitored.
Common concerns from people taking Pred-G (prednisolone / gentamicin)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- If the inflammation or pain doesn't go away within 2 days, tell your doctor.