Treats inflammation of the eye caused by an infection.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
[name-common] helps reduce inflammation and treats infections in your eye.
- The use of a combination product makes it easier than using two separate medications. The steroid (prednisolone) will reduce inflammation and the antibiotic (gentamicin) will lower the risk of infection.
- Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) is available in drops or ointment. Both contain the same medications.
- Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) is not used for viral infections, but only for infections caused by bacteria.
- You can be more sensitive to light after taking this medication.
- Using the ointment can cause blurry vision for a few minutes after applying.
- Don't do activities that require clear vision, such as driving, until you are able to see normally after taking a dose.
Save on your next Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- Prices for (1) 5ml of 0.3%/1% eye dropper of Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin)
- Kroger Pharmacy
Side effects for Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin)
What to expect when you start Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Wash your hands before putting drops in your eyes.
- Don't touch the dropper tip to your eye or with your hands.
- Pull down the lower lid of your eye to give yourself the eyedrop or eye ointment.
- You should not wear your contacts while using this medication.
- It's usually not used for longer than 10 days, but do not stop taking Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) until your doctor tells you to.
- If the inflammation or pain doesn't go away within 2 days, tell your doctor.
Risks and Warnings for Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using Pred-G (Prednisolone / Gentamicin) for more than 10 days
Prolonged use of corticosteroids can result in glaucoma with damage to the optic nerve, defects in the clarity of your vision, and can cause cataracts to form. If used for 10 days or longer, intraocular pressure should be routinely monitored.