Treats eye redness and swelling.
Our bottom line
Pred Forte (Prednisolone) is strong medicine for eye redness and swelling without exposing the rest of your body to the steroid medicine.
- Decreases swelling and redness in your eyes.
- Doesn't cause the same types of side effects that oral forms of steroids do.
- Available only as a prescription medication.
- You need good hand-eye coordination to get the eye drops into your eyes.
- Can cause or worsen certain eye conditions.
Pred Forte (Prednisolone) is a steroid that lowers your immune response to allergens and reduces eye redness and swelling.
Side effect rates for Pred Forte (prednisolone)
Risks and Warnings for Pred Forte (prednisolone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long-term use
Pred Forte (Prednisolone) can increase your risk of developing cataracts. If you need to be on this medicine long term, get your eyes checked before starting and routinely while using it. Let your doctor know about any changes in your eyesight.
Common concerns from people taking Pred Forte (prednisolone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Let your doctor know if you have eye pain, pressure, infections, or changes in eye sight.