Treats eye redness and swelling.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Pred Forte (Prednisolone) is strong medicine for eye redness and swelling without exposing the rest of your body to the steroid medicine.
- Decreases swelling and redness in your eyes.
- Doesn't cause the same types of side effects that oral forms of steroids do.
- Available only as a prescription medication.
- You need good hand-eye coordination to get the eye drops into your eyes.
- Can cause or worsen certain eye conditions.
Save on your next Pred Forte (Prednisolone) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (50) 15mg/5ml syrup
- Cost for (50) 15mg/5ml syrups of Pred Forte (Prednisolone) at pharmacies
- $31.69New price:$10.14Save:68%
Side effects for Pred Forte (Prednisolone)
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Acute anterior uveitis
- Allergic reactions
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Cornea ulcers
- Delayed wound healing
- Dilated pupil
- Elevation of intraocular pressure
- Foreign body sensation
- Inflamed cover of eyeball
- Loss of accommodation
- Optic nerve damage
- Perforation of the globe
- Pink eye
- Posterior subcapsular cataract formation
- Secondary ocular infection
- Systemic hypercorticoidism
- Transient burning and stinging
- Visual disturbance (blurry vision)
What to expect when you take Pred Forte (Prednisolone)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Shake the eye drops well before using.
- Press your finger gently on the inner corner of your eye after the drops are in to keep them there.
- Wait 1 minute between each drop if you're giving yourself more than 1 drop.
- If you have other eye drops, wait 5 minutes in between different sets of eye drops.
- If your symptoms don't get better after 2 days, you may need to try a different medicine.
- Let your doctor know if you have eye pain, pressure, infections, or changes in eye sight.
Risks and Warnings for Pred Forte (Prednisolone)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long-term use
Pred Forte (Prednisolone) can increase your risk of developing cataracts. If you need to be on this medicine long term, get your eyes checked before starting and routinely while using it. Let your doctor know about any changes in your eyesight.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Pred Forte (Prednisolone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Effects on bone density, weight loss, bruising, thinning of the skin.Age: 51Gender: WomanTaken for: Respiratory inflammationDuration taken: A few months