Prednisolone is used to reduce a wide range of inflammatory conditions.
Our bottom line
Prednisolone and similar anti-inflammatory medications work great, but you have to be willing to deal with a list of side effects.
- (50) 15mg/5ml syrup
- Cost for (50) 15mg/5ml syrups of Orapred (Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate) at pharmacies
- While Prednisolone is used for several conditions, and in combination with other medications, in one study Prednisolone was 96.6% successful in reducing the symptoms of an autoimmune condition.
- You probably won’t have to take Prednisolone very long because it decreases inflammation, and reduces pain rather quickly.
- Depending on how long you take Prednisolone, most of its side effects go away after you stop taking it.
- Prednisolone comes in several forms, including a dissolvable tablet.
- taking Prednisolone or other glucocorticoids gives the body energy to help fight the stress caused by bleeding, trauma, infection, or disease.
- You will probably have to take additional medications in order to treat your condition.
- Prednisolone and similar corticosteroids come with lots of side effects including an including an increased appetite, irritability, swelling of the ankles and feet, increased blood sugar, and decreased healing.
- Taking Prednisolone as a long-term medication may lead to permanent side effects.
- You must have blood tests often while taking Prednisolone to make sure your body is processing it correctly.
- You can’t be around others who are sick, conceive a child, or get vaccinations while taking Prednisolone.
Side effect rates for Orapred (Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate)
Risks and Warnings for Orapred (Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Prednisolone may cause cataracts or glaucoma, increased eye pressure and possibly eye nerve damage. You may also be more at risk for certain eye infections. Don't take if you have herpes simplex of the eye. Let your doctor know if you have blurry vision, eye pain or any vision changes.
Common concerns from people taking Orapred (Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- You can crush the tablets and take Prednisolone with your food or drink. Do not open up a capsule, they need to be swallowed whole.
- Adrenal suppression leading to adrenal crisis can occur if you lower your dose or stop taking Prednisolone too quickly. Symptoms include joint or muscle pain, extreme low energy and depression. Changes in your Prednisolone need to be done slowly and over time. Talk to your doctor before you make any changes or stop your medication.
- Many people gain weight while taking Prednisolone. Using a weight loss program, eating smaller portions, and drinking a glass of water before meals tend to help.