Calms down your immune system.
Our bottom line
Deltasone (Prednisone) is a common oral corticosteroid that's great for controlling the unwanted symptoms from your immune responses and will make you feel better. There are lots of side effects but most of are tolerable or can be managed.
- (10) 20mg tablet
- Cost for (10) 20mg tablets of Deltasone (Prednisone) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$5.96New price:$3.28Save:45%
- $11.85New price:$6.16Save:48%
- Kmart$11.93New price:$6.80Save:43%
- $11.96New price:$6.82Save:43%
- $11.96New price:$6.82Save:43%
- $12.91New price:$7.23Save:44%
- Rite-Aid$17.08New price:$8.54Save:50%
- Steroid magic, can help you feel better, have more energy and get more appetite.
- Useful for many conditions.
- Short-term use in controlling immune responses that are causing you discomfort, and works quickly to relieve symptoms like swelling, rash, asthma attacks, gout attacks.
- Long-term use in suppressing the immune system from causing your body harm, like many autoimmune related conditions.
- Lots of side effects, especially with long term use.
- Short-term use can cause mood changes, trouble sleeping and increase in blood pressure, blood sugar, and possible water retention.
- Long-term use can cause problems with skin, bone, eye health and put you at a higher risk for infections.
- People with certain conditions will have to pay extra attention to their symptoms or may have to adjust the dose of other medicines when taking Prednisone.
- When using corticosteroids for more than 1 week, you will need to work with a doctor to get off the medicine slowly.
- Only available as an oral medicine so the rest of your body will be exposed to the medicine.
Deltasone (Prednisone) is a corticosteroid that's similar to what your body naturally makes. It reduces swelling and other immune responses that can cause you pain, discomfort, or harm.
What to expect when you take Deltasone (Prednisone) for Anti-inflammatorySkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Deltasone (Prednisone)
Risks and Warnings for Deltasone (Prednisone)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Lowering dose or stopping too quickly especially after long-term treatment
- › Stress such as trauma, surgery or infection
Adrenal suppression leading to adrenal crisis can occur if you lower your dose or stop taking Deltasone (Prednisone) too quickly. Symptoms include joint or muscle pain, extreme low energy and depression. Changes in your Deltasone (Prednisone) dose need to be done slowly over time. Talk to your doctor before you make any changes or stop the medication.
Common concerns from people taking Deltasone (Prednisone)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take with food to decrease stomach upset.
- Adrenal suppression leading to adrenal crisis can occur if you lower your dose or stop taking Deltasone (Prednisone) too quickly. Symptoms include joint or muscle pain, extreme low energy and depression. Changes in your Deltasone (Prednisone) dose need to be done slowly over time. Talk to your doctor before you make any changes or stop the medication.
- The main thing is: the prednisolone stopped the protein leak from my kidneys (Minimal change syndrome) in about two weeks, at a 60mg a day dose. I'm forever grateful for this. However, side effects included huge fat face. Insomnia. Irregular periods - which actually turned out to be a pregnancy - as the steroids not only masked the symptoms of my pregnancy, they perhaps helped it along...
- Made my foot cramp and fall asleep. Also blurred vision!
- Ultimately I needed to take Xanax to sleep while on my regimen. High level of mood swings.
- Caused weight loss, muscle wasting and thinning of the bones
- Gained lots of weight, puffy face, stomach ulcers, rash and more on this med. I'm not sure if it's worth it since I have a lot of side effects but it did work for joint pain.