Helps your hair grow back.
Our bottom line
Proscar (Finasteride) works great for crown balding, as long as you keep taking it.
- Kroger PharmacyRetail Price:$51.00
- Price: $9.00
- KmartRetail Price:$111.11
- Retail Price:$83.33
- Membership warehouse
- Helped regrow hair in 88% of men.
- Comes in a generic form.
- Is useful as a supplemental treatment to hair transplant surgery.
- Most side effects go away after your body gets used to Proscar (Finasteride).
- Helps shrink the prostate gland.
- Only good for the crown of the head. If you have a receding hairline, Proscar (Finasteride) may not work.
- If you stop taking it, you will lose the hair you grew while on it.
- You need to have your blood tested regularly for signs of prostate cancer while taking Proscar (Finasteride).
- Sexual side effects can continue after you stop taking Proscar (Finasteride).
- Should never be used by women or children.
Proscar (Finasteride) is a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. It stops dihydrotestosterone (DHT) from shrinking your hair follicles and preventing hair growth. Without DHT, your hair can grow more normally.
What to expect when you take Proscar (finasteride) for Male pattern baldnessSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Proscar (finasteride)
- Decreased libido
- Decreased volume of ejaculate
Risks and Warnings for Proscar (finasteride)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Pregnant women should never handle crushed or broken tablets of Proscar (Finasteride) because it can cause really serious birth defects in babies.