Helps your hair grow back.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Proscar (Finasteride) works great for crown balding, as long as you keep taking it.
Price and discounts
- (30) 1mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 1mg tablets of Proscar (Finasteride) at pharmacies
- $79.13New price:$12.66Save:84%
- Kroger Pharmacy$47.00New price:$13.16Save:72%
- $75.10New price:$36.80Save:51%
- Rite-Aid$95.00New price:$41.80Save:56%
- $72.08New price:$46.85Save:35%
- Helped regrow hair in 88% of men.
- Comes in a generic form.
- Is useful as a supplemental treatment to hair transplant surgery.
- Most side effects go away after your body gets used to Proscar (Finasteride).
- Helps shrink the prostate gland.
- Only good for the crown of the head. If you have a receding hairline, Proscar (Finasteride) may not work.
- If you stop taking it, you will lose the hair you grew while on it.
- You need to have your blood tested regularly for signs of prostate cancer while taking Proscar (Finasteride).
- Sexual side effects can continue after you stop taking Proscar (Finasteride).
- Should never be used by women or children.
What to expect when you take Proscar (Finasteride) for Male pattern baldnessSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Proscar (Finasteride)
3040 From clinical trials of Propecia / Enlarged prostate (year 1 of treatment) (5 mg)
- Decreased libido
- Decreased volume of ejaculate
Risks and Warnings for Proscar (Finasteride)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Pregnant women should never handle crushed or broken tablets of Proscar (Finasteride) because it can cause really serious birth defects in babies.
Common concerns from people taking Proscar (Finasteride)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?