Our bottom line
Pulmicort (Budesonide) works well for long-term asthma control, but isn't a rescue inhaler (so it won't stop a sudden asthma attack).
- (1) 180mcg flexhaler
- Cost for (1) 180mcg flexhaler of Pulmicort (Budesonide) at pharmacies
- $270.40New price:$229.84Save:15%
- Rite-Aid$289.91New price:$234.83Save:19%
- $300.86New price:$237.68Save:21%
- $381.32New price:$240.23Save:37%
- $270.37New price:$240.63Save:11%
- Kroger Pharmacy$259.31New price:$241.16Save:7%
- In clinical studies, inhaled Pulmicort (Budesonide) has been shown to increase FEV1 (the amount of air a person can forcibly blow out in 1 second) in people who have asthma.
- Can be used with quick-acting asthma inhalers that'll open up your airways quickly in case of an attack.
- The Pulmicort (Budesonide) inhaler can be used in people 6 years and older.
- Inhaled medications like Pulmicort (Budesonide) work faster than pills, since it goes directly into your lungs.
- Available as a generic inhaler.
- Usually starts working in 1 to 2 days, but it can take up to 6 weeks before the full effects of Pulmicort (Budesonide) are felt.
- The medication won’t work if it's not inhaled correctly, so make sure you're using the inhaler properly. A pharmacist can give you some help if you need it.
- Some people get a stuffy nose, sore throat, or a cough when using Pulmicort (Budesonide).
Pulmicort (Budesonide) is an inhaled corticosteroid. It reduces inflammation in the inside lining in your airways by blocking the proteins that trigger inflammation.
Side effect rates for Pulmicort (Budesonide)
- Respiratory infection
- Inflammation inside the nose
- Middle ear inflammation
- Ear infection
- "stomach flu"
- Yeast infection
- Abdominal pain
- Viral infection
Risks and Warnings for Pulmicort (Budesonide)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Using Pulmicort (Budesonide) can cause a fungal infection in the mouth known as candida albicans. It can be treated with oral or topical medications. To decrease your chances of this infection, be sure to rinse your mouth with water each time you use Pulmicort (Budesonide).